At its November 8, 2023 regular meeting, the Canton Board of Selectmen took the following actions:
- The Board appointed Nathan Amos as the new Canton Finance Officer/ Treasurer.
- The Selectmen considered requests from the owners of 160 Bahre Corner Road, 27 Shallot Meadow Road, and 21 Shallot Meadow Road to grant easements to use Town-owned property located on Shallot Meadow Road. The Selectmen asked the Town Attorney to advise them on an assertion that 160 Bahre Corner Road abuts Shallot Meadow Road, and therefore has driveway rights to access Shallot Meadow Road. If there are no driveway rights, the Selectmen will schedule a public hearing on the easement requests.
- The Selectmen approved several steps necessary for replacement of the Cherry Brook Primary School boiler. This included authorizing a grant application, transferring $50,000 in Capitol Improvement funding to this project, and referring the project to the Permanent Municipal Building Committee.
- The Board reviewed two Naming Rights requests. They set Nov 21, 2023 as the date for the public hearing on naming the new canoe and kayak ramp at 50 Old River Road in honor of David Sinish. The Board also accepted an application to name the Canton Dog Park in honor of Alan Duncan and requested additional naming applications.
- The Selectmen appropriated $2,000 for the 2024 multi-town Juneteenth celebration.