Skip to content

ENGINE HOUSE-143 Main Street

Files & Documents >> Visitor Documents >> Walking Tours (text) >> ENGINE HOUSE-143 Main Street

3B. ENGINE HOUSE-143 Main Street

Next  Blue Tour List

This garage-like building at the corner of Center Street was built before 1869 and was the engine house for the company fire department. It was used by the company fire department from the middle of the 19th century until about 1920. Downstairs housed the old hand pumper now in the museum. At one time, the upper floor was used for private schools, band rehearsals, and scout meetings.