Skip to content

Town News

Town of Canton >> Home >> Town News

UPDATED - Key Points regarding Revaluation & Phase In Information - CLICK HERE 


Click here for the 2024 Town Budget Meeting Schedule

FEMA Flood Map Changes/Appeal Process (2/28/24-5/28/24)

All News

5/26/2012 - *Top Dog Contest - Now is the time to license your dog!


Because Teddy's owner licensed her by June 29th, she was entered into a special drawing. Her tag number (picked at random) was selected to receive Tag #1 and a basket of goodies!

Every dog must be licensed when it becomes six months old. Dog licenses are issued throughout the year; however, renewal of current licenses takes place during the months of May and June. In an effort to save money on postage and materials, reminder post cards WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT this year to all currently licensed dog owners. Nevertheless, state law requires all dogs over six months of age to be licensed. Licenses can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s office or by mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:

Canton Town Clerk

PO Box 168

Collinsville, CT 06022

A rabies certificate is required to license your dog. Click here for a Dog Licensing Form. The fee is $19 for an unaltered dog or $8 for a spayed/neutered dog with a certificate of proof. A $75 fine will be imposed by the Animal Control Officer on unlicensed dogs in accordance with the State Law.

Dog licenses are valid from July 1st through June 30th and are renewable every year in June. Fees are as follows:

$8.00 Spayed Female or Neutered Male Dog

$19.00 Un-spayed Female or Un-neutered Male Dog

$1.00 Late Fee, per month beginning July 1

Per Connecticut State Statute Section 22-338, all Dogs must be vaccinated against rabies and owners must submit a certificate to the Town Clerk when licensing their dog.

Register your
dog by Mail

For a lost or roaming Dog, please contact Animal Control Officer Beverly LaPlume at 409-4205 or 693-0221. She can also be reached at

For more informatin about the Dept of Agriculture's Animal Population Control Program click here.

Questions or problems about wildlife? Call the DEP at 860-424-3011.